Shipping and Return Policy
Shipping & Return Policies
- Sample Orders
- Delivery of samples will take between 7-14 days to arrive. Up to $50 in sample costs (excluding shipping) can be credited towards any order.
- Shipping and Delivery
- Delivery dates are estimated and cannot be guaranteed. This is due to variances in the trucking industry. We recommend that you order the material you need well in advance of the date you will need it. If you are hiring someone to install your flooring, book the installation after receiving the product. We will track your shipment as it moves to its destination and strive to give you the most updated information on its location and approximate delivery time.
Truck drivers are not responsible for unloading your product, so arrange to have help to unload your orders. On very large orders (over 3000 lbs., or approximately 1000 square feet), shipping will be less expensive if there is a forklift at the delivery location. If you live in an area that is difficult for trucks to enter or navigate, you might consider having materials delivered to a trucking terminal close to your location where you can pick it up. If you need help or advice with trucking logistics, DougFirFlooring.com staff is happy to assist.
All shipments allow for up to 30 minutes of unloading time. Should more time be necessary, the customer will be liable to pay a "truck waiting fee" of up to $50/hour.
Via the web interface, Dougfirflooring.com can currently only ship to the United States and Canada. For all other locations, please call 877-661-6109 to obtain shipping rates.
- Methods of Payment
- We cannot deliver material until you have fully paid for it. We accept checks, wire transfers, and credit cards as payment. If the check does not clear, we are required to bill the amount of the bounced check fee to the customer. If you would like to pay by check or wire transfer, please contact us at 877-661-6109 to make payment arrangements.
- If product is refused at time of delivery the customer is responsible for paying a 20% restocking fee and all related freight charges for returning the material.
- If for any reason you need to cancel your current order with DougFirFlooring.com, contact CustomerService@dougfirflooring.com as soon as possible. If the product has already shipped, you will need to arrange for a return. There will be a 20% restocking fees plus all applicable freight charges. If the product has not shipped, you may make the cancellation at no charge.
- DougFirFlooring.com stands behind every product we sell. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a refund or exchange within the guidelines below:
1. The customer is expected to inspect the material upon arrival. If the product fails to meet the conditions stated on the invoice or the purchase order, you must clearly note it on the bill of lading. The customer is responsible to arrange shipment and returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
2. It is the customer’s responsibility to accurately estimate product quantities required. Product overages are not subject to return. The customer may request a return on product overages that may or may not be granted. The customer is responsible to pay for shipment and a 20% restocking fee.
3. Special orders may not be returned unless the material is defective.
- Damage and Replacements
- Please check your order for damages or missing items at the time you receive it. If you do not check the materials yourself, please make certain that the person signing for them checks for damages or missing items. If no damages are noted on the bill of lading, DougFirFlooring.com cannot be held responsible for any damages or shortages that occur. You should look for anything suspicious, such as rounded corners, denting and gouges. It is important at this stage to come up with an accurate count of damaged or missing pieces and note them on the bill of lading. If upon closer inspection you decide that you might be able to utilize the damaged materials, you should still note the damages. If after noting the damage, you decide you cannot utilize the materials, contact DougFirFlooring.com at CustomerService@dougfirflooring.com. Not every order will have visual proof of damage on the outside. If you accept a shipment and sign for no damages or shortages, later discovering that there indeed are damages or shortages, you must contact the delivery company within 48 hours of delivery to report it. DougFirFlooring.com cannot file any claims on your behalf more than 15 business days after the date of delivery, or attempted delivery. We are happy to answer any questions in the unlikely event that your order is damaged in shipment, and we can assure you that as long as any damages are noted properly there will not be any difficulties in the replacement process.
Do not install material until you are sure you are satisfied. Installation is considered acceptance of the product.